25.1.09

CHINESE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION IN SCHOOL












At 7.15am, flag raising as usual.

At 7.45am, all the Sec 3s jogged 2 rounds around the school- estimated to be 2.4km.

At 8.35am, new year goodies were given out. The goodies were a packet of peanuts and a green file for each student and an ice-cream for each teacher. I appreciate the ice-cream from the school but I think it must be one of the weirdest ice-cream I have ever tasted -.- and the earliest time of the day where I have eaten an ice-cream.

At 8.45am, we went up to the school hall for concert performances put up by the students. I enjoyed 2H's, 3G's and 4I's performance the most. 2H was very very creative with music and lyrics, 3G was informative and at the same time hilarious, 4I was okay in terms of information but super hilarious! I was glad for these classes, otherwise the performances would just be very ordinary and conventional (*conventional means very mainstream/common/traditional).

Dear 3I,

the next class activity would be cross country run at Chinese Garden on 13th february. I hope more of you would turn up for such class activities because

1. You get to go out of the 4 walls of the classroom and step into the open- enjoy the view of being under the big blue skies with the cool breeze blowing at your skin, with over 1000 others with you.

2. You get to see your friends from other classes all the time, instead of just during change of periods or recess time

3. Be a sport! (meaning be adventurous!) Don't coop yourself at home! Do something different! Do something you wouldn't do on your own! Do something together with those you hardly would do things together with!

4. Lastly, I get to strike interesting conversations with you without the hurry of time or the burden upon my shoulders to get you to talk less and finish your English assignments (like what always happens in the classrooms)


One of the interesting conversation that still makes me laugh (at myself)


cheng han: where did you buy your pants from? Bugis?

Miss chang: *shocked and confused* Bugis!?!? How can it be Bugis? Pants from Bugis not working.

cheng han and samuel: *big eyes and with mouths opened* HUH! not working? Pants can work one ah! *muahahahahhahahahahhaa-cannot stop laughing*
-.-

Thanks for correcting me. :)
I was demonstrating to you the importance of speaking clearly and hence, the importance of doing well in ENGLISH! :D

No comments: