28.1.09

SAMPLE RECOUNT (1)

On the eve of chinese new year, I woke up early in the morning to help my mom with the household chores. Subsequently, I sat down with my dad to watch a movie. At dinner time, I helped to set the table and to dish out the food for my parents because I thought they should take a rest after working so hard for the whole day, especially my mom. When I sat down at the dinning table, I became a little wistful because I started to miss the presence of my older brother, who was working in New York. We had a delicious meal but my favorite dish was the salmon sashimi! After reunion dinner, I sat down with my parents to watch the programs showing on channel 8 and at the same time, I emailed my brother to catch up with him. He told me he was very excited that he was going to have Hainanese chicken rice for his reunion dinner. That ecstasy over Hainanese chicken rice was quite amusing to me because I am quite tired of that dish! Although the day was mundane, I am thankful for the day of rest and the time I got to spend with my family!


On the first day of chinese new year, I went to visit my auntie who stays in the East. As most of my relatives live in either Malaysia or Taiwan, my auntie was the only family I needed to visit. After a sumptuous lunch, there was nothing much to do. Since I was bored and did not want to waste my time sitting there pretending to watch the television, I took out 3I’s assignments to mark! For doing that, my cousin-in-law laughed at me. Nevertheless, I felt a sense of achievement because I did not waste my time. Honestly, I wanted to go home very badly because there were many other things I could do at home, like sleeping, playing the piano or guitar and reading.


Towards the end of the day, I began to miss my relatives in Malaysia. This is because I am very close to them and whenever I visit them over chinese new year, we always have tremendous fun playing mahjong, chatting and laughing! A pity I did not travel to Malaysia this chinese new year. -.-

1.wistful (adj)- regretful longing
2. ecstasy (noun)- great happiness
3. mundane (adj)- boring/ordinary
4. sumptuous (adj)- expensive looking
5. tremendous (adj)- very great in amount

No comments: