27.1.09

WRITING SKILLS (2)

Words to begin a new point/sentence

  • Firstly, ...(if this is the first point you making)
  • Next, ...
  • In addition, ...
  • Moreover, ...
  • Furthermore, ...
  • Also, ...

Words to link TWO ideas into ONE sentence

  • Although I was afraid of failing, I tried
  • Since my parents did not understand me, I stop talking to them
  • Despite the failures I faced, I continued to strive for good results
  • Even if others don’t appreciate me, I will still continue to be nice to them
  • Perhaps/Maybe I won’t be appreciated, but it doesn’t matter
  • I stopped working hard because I was afraid I would fail if I work hard
  • I stopped working because I was lazy
  • If my parents force me, I will run away
  • Sometimes it is easier to tell others what to do compared to doing it yourself
  • My brother is ill, therefore he cannot go to school today
  • He wanted to buy some salt but the shop was closed
  • He scalded his hand badly so he went to see the doctor

No comments: