3.8.09

English test- Letter to uncle on smoking (3)

Uncle, I think you should quit smoking because...

Your daughter just gave birth to a baby girl last month. I am sure you don't want your grand daughter to inhale the poisonous second-hand smoke. In a way, you are being selfish to your family. Do you know that each time I come to your house, cousin Jenny always coughs vehemently whenever you light up a cigarette?

If you don't stop smoking, you will have a high chance of contracting diseases like cancer, stroke and heart disease. Many people regret smoking after they discovered that they have lung cancer. I know of a friend who smokes since he was a youth and he has now discovered that he has contracted lung cancer. I certainly hope that Uncle you will not be living with such regrets in the future!

I always feel worried each time you light up a cigarette. Are you aware that you look very weak and your teeth and fingernails are all turning yellow? I really hope you will quit your bad habit soon.

Yours sincerely,
Cxxxxxxx

No comments: