13.2.09

CROSS COUNTRY 2009- SO SO happy that you came!











Dear students! :)

To all who comes to my blog and actually read something out of your own accord (own choice) and not me shamelessly projecting my blog to you over English class and making you read what I have written, THANKS!! :) After I write something, I really badly want someone to read! hehehe. BADLY- because I am the kind of person who doesn't like putting effort into something that is meaningless! :) So when I know there are people reading, I am happy because my time and energy is not wasted!

My cross country was fun today because of all of you! I don't know about other teachers but for me, going to school is fun everyday because I get to see all of you, impart something to you all, and talk to all of you. Basically- YOU are the reason why I am in school. That's why I always ask you all to be present in class or events outside of school because the more of you are present, the better my day will be!

Okay lah, I am not bragging or exaggerating or trying to suck up to you, but if you think about it, do you think the reason why I go to school is that I love to meet the other teachers and collect the money? Can that be the first thing on my mind when I wake up everyday at 6.15am (- -)" -.- and sing the national anthem when no one else in the whole school is singing. come on! I had my turn of singing when I was primary 1 to Junior College 2(12years!!!), now at 26, still must continue to sing marikitayat! How boring and mundane is that, but i still do it!! : | But yeah, back to it, having money is a bonus but if I don't like seeing all of you, I don't think any amount of money will make me happy. So yes, I am so happy I have you 3I! :)

ANYWAY 3I, thanks for being at cross country today! SO MANY OF YOU CAME!!! I was so happy :D I was glad the 30 over pieces of cake I baked yesterday didn't go to waste because a lot of you came and got to taste it! :) *thanks eric for encouraging your friends to be here! :) And thanks to others whom I don't know because you didn't tell me that you were also encouraging your friends to come! :)

The standard of cake today is only average, can be better actually! I was doing work on the computer until I forgot that I was actually baking the cake!! So the standard of cake was not my best ok :) Still hope you all like it, in a way it was A VALENTINE'S DAY PRESENT TO YOU ALL, especially for those singles out there! :)

I was assigned to be one of the finish judges for the cross country. The other teachers who were finish judges were Mr Glen Tan, Mr Joel Li and Mrs Lim Hui Ling. I reached the school at 650am and we were supposed to stand at the finishing point and give out the position tags to the runners. It was not as easy as it seems because there were times when there were a whole lot of people running in from different levels and they were confusing us! However, we were sharp and clear minded and could still see who was the faster runner. It was also tiring because we could only leave when the last runner finishes the race.

All of our class's competitor runners came in like above 45 or 47! That is awesome! Because only marks are awarded to the top 45 positions! Then well done to those who ran mass run and finished it too!! Because I understand how gruelling the race can be but you finished it!! There must have been times when you felt almost like dying, out of breath, that everyday step felt like it would kill you, but still you continued, endured and persevered! I am proud of those who ran :) For those who walked and didn't run, I would say it is also a big step for you too because you too finished walking when usually, you wouldn't even come. Well done everyone!

Actually, reflecting about it, the journey of our life is really like running a cross country. At certain points, it is SUPER hard to carry on and we feel like giving up on everyone and everything!(like stopping and not running) But if you bite your teeth and continue to endure the discomfort by not thinking about it and thinking about other things that make you happy, you will find that it is not that hard to carry on going forward and not just stopping there. Then at the end of the day, when you reach certain points of your life, you will find people cheering for you and waiting for you and you realized that the effort you have put in was not all in vain and it wasn't so difficult afterall to not give up because the taste of achievement at the end was really sweet and enjoyable! :)

To end off, I hope none of you felt like it was a time wasted and you have brought home with you today, some good memories of the cross country!

Yours sincerely,
Miss Chang

No comments: