10.3.09

Model essay

Last Saturday, I went to the Botanic Gardens with my friends for a picnic. It was just the right the weather for a fun time out. I have not been to the Botanic Gardens for quite a long time, so we decided to go there.

When I entered the Botanic Gardens, I saw lush greenery. Beautiful smelling flowers everywhere comforted me. My friends and I were trying to find a perfect spot to have our picnic.

As we were walking, a Japanese guide clutching a small flag and trailed by a group of his countrymen, smiled and nodded my way. I failed to returned his friendly gesture and felt guilty. We walked and walked, hoping to find a good spot for picnic. We saw many trees, squirrels, owners walking their dogs and even people smiling at each other.

We finally found a perfect spot by the pond. We settled down and prepared for our picnic. After i ate, I decided to go sit by the pond to breathe in some fresh air. I fed the swans and watched the scurrying turtles scramble for their share.

My friends and I talked and played games. We joked around and chased the birds. I laid my head down and the serenity of the surroundings seen to be panacea for what ails us. We ended the day and went home feeling great that we all spent some time together.

Done by: Isabel

No comments: