10.3.09

Model Essays

Last weekend, I visited Botanic Gardens for a jog with my friends. When we entered the Botanic Garden, people smiled and nodded at us and even said "hello", including the Japanese! We were all taken aback as we have never came across these types of friendly gestures in the Botanic Gardens before. It was at this point that I realized more and more men and women are discarding their inhibitions and their shyness in the Botanic Gardens.

As we were jogging along the way, I stopped to admire the beautiful pond which had 4 swans and some turtles. I went to the nearby store to buy a loaf of bread and began to feed the swans and watch the scurrying turtles scramble for their share. After 15 minutes, I resumed jogging and went past a beautiful flowering bush, squirrels and cicadas.

At the end of the day, I wondered to myself what would we do without this oasis of greenery in the Botanic Gardens. We went back with a smile on our faces after the tranquil and enjoyable time at the Botanic Gardens.

Done by: Joshua

No comments: