29.12.08

WELCOME GIFT 2- ENGLISH JOURNAL 2009


English Journal 2009

candid short with my niece & nephew

Decorating the journals

Hidden inside the hand carry luggage

Packed into my hand carry luggage

Here's a journal I made for each one of you. I bought it from KL when I went there in the december holidays because it was very cheap there. Since I had to buy 40, I needed to be calculative! After I packed them into my hand carry luggage, I thought I must be crazy to carry back 40 books (didn't know some went to 2H) because it was heavier than I thought! (I went to KL on my own, on a coach)


Then as I went up the coach, I kind of regretted because I suddenly felt like I was very silly to put in so much energy and time into a book which some of you might throw around or throw away or dirty or lose.


I just got to believe my 3i won't do this to me. I comforted myself that even if some of you do treat the journals irresponsibly and rudely, it shall not stop me from being a sincere and genuine person, because the concern and care we have for one another is not conditional on how others treat us, if we are truly sincere and genuine in caring for that particular person who is dear to us.


Anyway, I wrapped each of the book with my niece and nephew's help so it was awesome because that saved me a lot of time and they were so happy to help me wrap!


We enjoyed ourselves although we were doing mundane things like

1. drawing lines on the mahjong paper because my niece and nephew couldn't cut straight (!?!?)

2. cutting the mahjong paper against the lines drawn

3. folding the corners of the paper into the book (Some of the books that were badly wrapped were wrapped by my niece! :P)

4. After I returned to Singapore, I decorated the cover page with the help of my cousins from Malaysia who happened to visit Singapore because another cousin of mine who is a Singaporean, invited them for their wedding dinner on 3rd Jan '09! One of my cousin helped me to color 3 of the books and the other cousin helped me to press on the cutter for the snow flakes, hearts and stars pasted on your journals!

No comments: